Preparation of the national level entrance exams requires more than just coaching. We have formulated some preparation tips for the NEET exam. The number of students appearing in the NEET entrance exams is rising and hence the competition is high. So, to ace an exam, you will need some effective tips that will help you to succeed. This 30-day study plan will help you to prepare and ace the NEET examination.
NEET Exam Pattern
- Always keep your preparation according to the exam level. Don’t keep on revising the scientific names and the classification facts all the time. Sure, they are asked in the exam; but keep the preparation as per the weightage given to the topic.
Refer our guide to find the chapter wise weightage for the NEET exam.
- Always be attentive and don’t let your mind wander. Stick on to the NEET exam preparation by considering the exam pattern. This saves time and gives you ideas about the area to prioritise.
Find Formulas and Tricks
- The NEET exam will have questions on Physics and Chemistry as well. Every institute offering NEET coaching gives the study material to the students in which som0e tricks and time-saving tips are there for solving some typical problems in Physics and Chemistry.
- Paste a white coloured chart paper on your walls and write down the tips and important points on it. Before going to sleep and when you wake up, revise those charts. Follow the same process for the important formulas as well. This way, you won’t require any extra time for the same purpose.
Formulate a Routine and Stick to it
- Always follow a routine and try to maintain that: For example, while preparing for the anatomy of animals, start with the basic concepts and questions; solve the questions on them from the NCERT, then the reference books, then the sample papers and then the previous year papers.
- Now, once the topic is over, write it in a diary along with the types of questions that you have solved on that topic.As your preparation progresses, the diary will populate and so will your confidence.
Take Online Mock Tests
- Once the subjects have been covered; follow the reputed portals and the online services of the coaching centres (or the one you are enrolled at) and take the online mock tests.
- A mock test will help you to manage time; understand the time-to-question ratio for the actual exam and will train you under the actual strained atmosphere.
- The online mock tests will also help you understand the actual worth and level of your preparation.
Do Revision of Topics
- Once you have revised a topic and finished it; it is important to revisit it after some time and solve the questions or brush up on the concepts. This will ensure that all the concepts remain fresh in your mind and your revision work doesn’t get piled upon.
- Keep a fixed time interval for this; e.g. 15 days or 10 days or so.
You can also refer to tips for Biology preparation in NEET
Select A Suitable Coaching Centre
- The nation is full of millions of coaching institutes; classes; teachers; books and other preparation resources; but following one, right GURU is the best option.
- Choose wisely from the huge number of medical entrance coaching classes and finalize the preparation resources keeping your potential, dreams and the track records of the institutes in mind.
Hope, this 30-day study plan will help you in your preparations for NEET. However, before we conclude our article, we would like to remind you of the importance of starting your exam preparation early. This is because the syllabus of the entrance exam is vast and you will need time to cover all the topics.
While the last minute preparation tips shared here will certainly help you achieve more in less time, consistent preparation efforts lead to better results.
So, start early, at least 6 months before the exam and follow the tips shared here, and give your best shot in the exam.