The National Testing Agency (NTA) has promulgated the guidelines and directives for the JEE Mains exam. The orders are mainly due to the COVID-19 scenario. The candidates have to abide by the JEE exam day guideline to avoid any distasteful incident, such as non-permission from the invigilators to attend the exam.
Go through the JEE guidelines enumerated here and attend the exam without any objections from the authority. Consequent to the pandemic crisis, the NTA has decided to conduct the JEE Main 2021 four times. The JEE guidelines would be applicable to all candidates irrespective of the phase of the exam, viz. February, March, April and May. It is important to note that the exam dates for the postponed April and May exams haven’t been announced yet. Though the JEE 2021 of February and March have been held already, without any impediments.
The JEE exam day guidelines will be applicable for all the candidates awaiting the fresh dates, in lieu of April and May. Considering the reduction in test positivity rate across India, the exam dates are expected to be promulgated soon.
Read, understand and follow the JEE Mains guidelines properly. The JEE Main 2021 is the first step to personal growth and achievement. Therefore, the candidates must avoid the possibility of any mistake and comply with the JEE exam day guideline properly. Being the leading JEE coaching institute in Kerala, Alpha helps you understand the do’s and don’ts, things the students can carry to the exam hall, and other relevant JEE guidelines are included in this post.
JEE Main 2021 Guidelines and Directives including COVID-19 Guidelines
Before Entering the Exam Hall
The candidate may prepare all the items at their homes. Last-minute hurrying can lead to confusion and errors.
- Candidates must reach the examination centre within the reporting time mentioned in the admit card.
- Candidates should carry the admit card, on failure in bringing the admit card s/he won’t be allowed to attend the JEE main exam.
- Fill the self-declaration form and paste the passport size colour photograph along with the signature.
- ID proof must be ready and it should be kept along with the items that would be carried to the exam hall.
- Parents are advised to stay out of the exam centre during the examination.
- The person with disabilities (PwD) must keep the certificate stating the same in the items to be taken to the JEE Main 2021 exam hall.
NTA Will Provide:
- Blank sheets for doing rough work and calculations. The candidate will have to write his or her name and roll number in the rough sheet before using it. The rough sheets must be returned before leaving the hall.
- The duly filled admit card also needs to be dropped in the drop box provided in the hall. The JEE guideline specifies that the answers of those candidates who fail to deposit the admit card will not be evaluated.
COVID-19 Specific JEE Mains Exam Day Guidelines
- The students will have to sanitize their hands using soap and water or alcohol-based sanitiser before entering the exam hall.
- The examiners will provide a fresh 3-ply mask to the candidates. The candidate must replace their mask with the one provided at the exam centre. This is made mandatory for preventing students using unfair means.
- The body temperature of the student will be checked before the entry. Any candidate having a high temperature of possible fever will not be permitted inside (it will be better to avoid going to the exam centre if any candidate feels unwell or having a fever).
- The filled admit card will be checked and the barcode scanned at the entrance.
- Candidates must ensure proper social distancing (6 feet apart)
Things To Avoid in the JEE Mains 2021 Exam Hall
- Electronic devices including watches, mobile phones and tablets will not be permitted inside the hall. The JEE guideline is very strict about this.
- Thick-soled shoes and footwear are not allowed inside the hall. The candidate has to remove the footwear/ shoes before entering the hall.
- The JEE exam day guidelines strictly prohibit the usage of any unfair methods to obtain grades. Any person pursuing such methods would be debarred and subjected to legal proceedings.
Follow all the guidelines and COVID-19 directives detailed above and attend the JEE mains exam well.
Get in touch with us now, to get support from experienced professionals, for scoring exceptional grades in JEE 2021.
FAQ- JEE Mains 2021: Exam Day Guidelines
1. What all items are prohibited in JEE 2021 examination hall?
All types of electronic gadgets are prohibited inside exam hall like electronic watch, mobile phone, written materials, log tables, etc.
2. What is the timing for JEE 2021 exams?
JEE 2021 exam will be done in two shifts. The 1st one will be from 9 am to 12 pm and the 2nd one will be from 3 pm to 6 pm.
3. Is there any special regulation for JEE 2021 due to COVID-19?
Candidates should do proper sanitization as instructed and there will be a temperature check before entering the hall.