The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national-level entrance examination conducted in India for admission to undergraduate medical and dental programs. With lakhs of students participating, it is one of the most competitive exams in the country appearing for it every year. It’s a key to some of the best medical schools in the country, including AIIMS and JIPMER.
NEET 2024: What’s New?
NEET 2024 is distinguished by the fact that it is a classic pen-and-paper test given in 13 different languages. Because of its diversity, it is available to a wide spectrum of students around the country.
Those preparing for NEET 2024 should breathe a sigh of relief because the syllabus stays the same as last year. It includes Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, all of which are based on the curriculum for Classes 11 and 12. This continuity in the syllabus assures that your previous year’s study resources will still be useful for your preparation.
NEET 2024: Important Dates to Remember
|Release date of the application form||November 2023|
|Last Date for Application||December 2023|
|Last Date for the Application Form Fee
|Opening Date of the Correction Window||January 2024|
|Admission Card Release Date||April 2024|
|Date of the NEET 2024 Exam||5th May 2024|
|NEET 2024 Results Announcement Date||First Week of June 2024|
NEET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
If you’re gearing up for NEET UG 2024, here are the key eligibility criteria you need to meet:
Age Requirement: You should be over 17 years old at the time of application or December 31 of entry into the MBBS/BDS programme. The upper age limit for NEET-UG candidates does not exist hence there is nothing to fear about being too old.
Academic requirements: Have passed or be appearing in the Class 12 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects. Have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (40% for SC, ST, and OBC-NCL candidates) in the qualifying examination.
Nationality: Be Indian citizens, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), or Foreign Nationals.
Provision for Class XII Students: If you are still in Class XII in 2024, you can sit the NEET 2024 exam provisionally if you meet the requirements subsequently.
Seeking Medical/Dental Education Abroad: If you are an Indian Citizen or Overseas Citizen of India and want to study MBBS or BDS abroad, you must pass NEET 2024.
These requirements are necessary to ensure that you are eligible to take the NEET 2024 exam and pursue your medical career goals.
NEET 2024 Application Process
If you plan to take the NEET 2024 tests, don’t worry; the registration process is simple. What you must do is as follows:
- Visit the Official NEET Website.
- Fill in your name, mobile number, email address, and other essential information during registration.
- Fill out the registration form, including your name, date of birth, nationality, qualifications, and last board exam results.
- Upload the required documents in the size and format provided on the page.
- Payment: Pay the NEET 2024 application cost. Both offline and online methods are available for paying the fees.
- Confirmation Page: After you complete the payment, you will see a confirmation page. You should keep a printout of the completed application form for future reference.
- Provisional Registration Number: You will be given a provisional registration number at the completion of the process. This number will also be delivered to your registered email address and phone number.
NEET 2024: Subject-wise Questions and Marks Distribution
To be successful in NEET 2024, you must understand how questions and marks are distributed throughout the three essential subjects: physics, chemistry, and biology. When it comes to the number of questions and marks, each subject has a different weightage. Let’s take a look at the subject breakdown, which will provide significant insight into how questions and marks are assigned. This knowledge will assist you in strategizing your study schedule, emphasising regions with higher weightage in order to improve your NEET 2024 marks.
|Subject||Section||Total Number of questions||Questions to be answered||Total Marks|
Documents Needed for NEET 2024
If you’re preparing for NEET 2024 and wondering what documents you’ll need, here’s a list to help you get started:
- Scanned Candidate’s Signature
- Recent Passport Size Photographs
- Recent postcard-size photographs
- Scanned Left-Thumb Impression of a Class 10th Board Exam Candidate
NEET Exam Pattern 2024
|Name of the Exam||NEET 2024|
|Mode of the Exam||Pen and paper-based exam|
|Duration of the Exam||3 hours 20 minutes|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BDS, Nursing and AYUSH (BAMS, BUMS, BHMS)|
|Total Number of Questions||200 (180 applicable questions for attempt)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) containing 4 options – 1 correct answer|
|Subjects||Questions are asked from:
Biology (Botany & Zoology)
|Section-wise Questions||Physics – 45 questions
Chemistry – 45 questions
Biology (Botany + Zoology) – 90 questions
|Language||The question paper is available in 13 languages, including English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, and Punjabi.|
|Scheme of Marking||4 marks for each correct answer.|
|Negative Marking (if any)||One negative mark is awarded for each incorrect answer.|
NEET 2024 Preparation Tips
To do well in NEET 2024, you must:
- Understand the Entire Syllabus: Make sure you have an in-depth knowledge of the entire NEET 2024 syllabus.
- Create a Practical Study Schedule: Make a plan to efficiently manage your study time.
- Analyse the Subject Weightage: To prioritise your preparation, examine the distribution of questions and marks across disciplines.
- Focus on NCERT Books: Study and master the content in NCERT books, a valuable resource for NEET preparation.
- Make Useful Notes: Use handwritten notes to consolidate and preserve important information.
- Test Your Knowledge: To assess your preparation, practise with mock tests and sample papers.
- Make Time for Revision: Regular revision is essential for strengthening your learning and increasing your confidence.
Learn More: How To Score 700+ In NEET?
Several critical components require your attention in your quest for success in NEET 2024. Understanding the exam date, eligibility requirements, and curriculum is your starting point. You must understand the exam structure, study the subject inside and out, and concentrate on strengthening your strong aspects while resolving your weak points. Alpha Academy can help you to achieve your NEET goals. We provide crucial assistance and help, increasing your chances of passing this difficult exam. Your path to NEET success is within your grasp; keep going with persistence and dedication. In the past few years, a large number of students from Alpha Academy have scored high marks in NEET and have secured admission into top medical colleges in India.